My Golden Christmas Midi

My final finished project for this year was a gold corduroy variant of trusty Simplicity 2451. While I quite like my green version, I thought a more neutral color was a necessary staple.

Once again, I chose a lightweight 21 wale corduroy but I tweaked the pattern a bit. I shortened it by a few inches, making it a midi (the tall girl mini) and removed the vent to create younger, laid-back look. To further the casual effect, I topstitched the pockets and used my first centered zipper in the back.

Easy, Flat-rate Shipping

Lately, I've done my share of buying and selling on ebay and what shocked me this year was how many sellers ship a fairly small item in a brown envelope for $6+. There's even been a time or two where the seller spent more on shipping my item to me than I paid in total! This got me wondering... Doesn't everyone know about flat-rate shipping?

Creamy Potato Soup with a Twist

Now that the cold weather has arrived and the holiday madness is in full swing, easy, hearty meals become our go-to recipes. DH2b requested creamy potato soup last month, which I had never tried, and we've since had it three times. It's warm, comforting and filling - all the best traits of a winter dish. As usual, I've tailored this recipe for his "no veggie" rule but the powders could easily be changed to the fresh deal. Last night, I made one final tweak that received extensive enthusiasm so, I wanted to share my twist.

One Hour Half-Slip

I decided I wanted to wear my red corduroy skirt today. Then, I stepped outside. All of a sudden, it's freezing here! This meant tights were a must! Of course, cold weather + nylon tights + a cotton skirt = embarrassing static. I was so excited making my corduroy skirts when I realized they didn't need to be lined. Too bad I forgot the above equation when I decided that. So, to solve the problem, I knew a half-slip was needed. I haven't owned one in years but this is where being a home seamstress comes in handy! In less than an hour, with only a few supplies, I whipped up a little slip using Simplicity 2154 - modified, of course.